View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Well, you see I do have some doubt that LB's 3 EP songs are specifically about Stevie. Though he may have intimated at the time they were about her, really I suspect that's just to fit the Lindsey/Stevie narrative for the benefit of the band. Actually (and I'm not exactly a Lindsey Buckingham expert) I reckon the lyrics to those songs are really quite generic and could apply to anyone and no-one. Though Sad Angel in particular is deemed to sound 'Fleetwood Maccy' the words to the song itself are quite in keeping with solo songs. You could probably pick a random selection of LB songs from the past 20 years and justify why the lyrics to all of them are about SN- that doesn't mean they really are about her, no matter what people may think.

Christine openly admits she never really writes songs about anyone in particular- she just writes generic love songs. I suspect that's the case these days with Lindsey- he's been doing it so long he doesn't need a muse or spark of inspiration to come up with ideas. If at any time he needs them to be about SN then he can twist the words to suit the agenda.
Not only Lindsey but also Mick said those songs where about the two of them. Of course Mick's opinion could also fit into the "for the benefit of the band" category, but I can't distrust everybody.

Lindsey called Stevie "Sad Angel" during the MSG 2013 show. That's why I think that song is about her.

He also said on Las Vegas 2013 show that most of this songs are about Stevie, but like you say he could be twisting the words to suit the agenda.

If you think about it all three writers on FM doesn't write for anybody in particular and for everybody.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.