View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Little is known about the recording sessions for the 1975 White album other than the rumor that a version of both "Sorcerer" and "I Don't Want To Know" were recorded. The 2004 Special Edition was very underwhelming with merely a Jam session tacked onto the end, along with the "single edit mixes" of Rhiannon, SYLM, Blue Letter and Over My Head.

Seeing as how the 2004 special edition version of the White Album had minuscule extras compared to the ones they compiled for Rumours and Tusk, I'm inclined to think that the unused songs that were recorded (Sorcerer, IDWK, etc) were either thrown away or lost.

However, they could still remaster the album, do a 5.1 mix, include a disc of a live show (wouldn't it be great to hear pristine live versions of "Why", "Hypnotized", "Station Man", etc with those perfect three part harmonies?) and maybe even a DVD of the whole Santa Barbara show, which still exists according to Ken Caillat.

Even without a bunch of outtakes, extras or alternate versions of songs, I'm sure they could come up with a nice package of never before heard or seen "stuff" to warrant a Deluxe Edition of this album! Truly one of their best albums, in my opinion!!! It would be a shame NOT to attempt to do SOMETHING special with it in regards to a Deluxe Version.

Pre BN - I would DIEEEEEEEEE for a Deluxe Edition of "Bare Trees" - but that's some wishful thinking on my part!