View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Especially early on. Christine had 2 hits and Stevie had 1 from their first album, so I've always thought it interesting that Rumours only had 3 songs by Stevie, of which only 2 had her singing solo. Then, with Dreams going to #1 and Gold Dust Woman being such a concert staple, she still had the least number of songs on Tusk. After Bella Donna came out and was such a hit, I can see why the band would only get 3 songs from her, since after that she was focused on her solo career, but I wonder why it wasn't more of a level playing field for Rumours and Tusk?
Song length. She always had the opportunity to cut her songs down in length and have more featured on albums but she always preferred to have long songs. If you add up the playing time for Stevie, Lindsey and Chris on each of their albums they tend to work out roughly the same. Indeed, despite having the least number of songs on Tusk she got the longest playing time (quite considerably longer than Christine, in fact). The same might be the case for other albums too.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood