View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I'm baffled by no Stevie, especially now that Chris is back in the fold. Truly baffled. The band has always been a bit dramatic, so this really should come as no huge surprise. And we've seen Stevie be distant from the band over the last year or so. But you know, I wish they'd just be a bit more stable and "boring." Be a band. Give the people what they want, or in my case need. Be the Rumours 5-some and put out a new album. But this honestly the next best thing. Maybe even a better thing. The vibe and energy on this album might be better than one with Stevie. It's weird... it's almost like when SYW came out and John was saying in the documentary there would be a pall over the whole thing (had Chris been there) because the band knew she didn't want to be there. I guess the same thing is happening with Stevie right now, and I never really expected this of her. But hey, bring on Buckingham McVie!
I think the difference is now she really never got over her Say You Will grudge so she doesn't trust Lindsey in the studio anymore for a full album and now that she's older and doesn't think records sell anymore she doesn't have the will to put up with the power struggle and drama that comes with making an album for FM.
However, I truly believe that she was just expecting them to scrap the project and not release anything so I think the fact that they're doing this is something she's not happy about.
I know it was forever ago but I remember when she talked about how when Lindsey and Chris wrote World Turning how much it upset her. Of course a lot has changed since then but I still think she isn't going to be happy.