View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
So rather interesting post today. Richard's assistant said Lindsey was a self-absorbed asshole on Twitter and someone asked him about it.
yes. from what i could gather this happened:

Stacy is a really nice girl, who deeply cares about Richard.

LB gave that 1 hr interview that everybody on social media seems to think is one of his most interesting in the recent years. many people here were posting how they were surprised with his humility and openness, something they didn't expect.

meanwhile, a SN/FM fan posted on Richard's fb a somewhat leading post telling him he should listen to this great new LB interview, that he's talking about the making of Tusk. the way it was written the post was, probably unintentionally, hinting at maybe mentioning LB/RD work together on Tusk. it must have gotten Richard's curiosity up, wanting to hear what LB might have to say about him. something to consider is that Richard also said that before this interview he hasn't listened to any LB interviews (or other macsters) for the last 20+ years.

of course, LB didn't say anything different about Tusk in that interview from what he's been saying in every interview as well as in every single 4-song Tusk set intro during 2013 tour. he didn't take any more or less credit for the direction of the Tusk album than what's been given to him over the years. so Richard must have been disappointed, seemingly cause LB didn't talk about actual making of Tusk and what they did together. Stacy felt bad for him and fired off a series of tweets ranting how LB is obviously a self-absorbed jerk. i asked her about it cause i thought maybe LB said or did something to them, privately. she told me it's the interview, and to just listen to it and how shi*ty it is.

meanwhile of course, some of the documented social-media LB-haters caught on and started egging Stacy on. i guess they must have not liked all the positive views about LB that Richard's blog has been posting? so they happily piled on how LB is an asshole and they always knew it. next they started telling Stacy she'll have an angry mob of short-sided LB fans coming after her. of course nothing can be further from the truth, and it's sad how human nature works.

Richard has been trying to diffuse the situation since, among other posting this "As far as Stacy goes, I will let her respond on her own as I do not speak for her & she has her own opinions. I will however say this in her defense. We had a very rough day yesterday dealing with some important matters to some of our wonderful followers. Stacy also has to read through the hundreds of responses we get every week & some are not exactly gems shall we say, & can be rough on the psyche. We get so many opinions here on the different band members, that it gets hard to separate your own feelings from others after a while. "

one last thought about the interview and his responses: LB is never normally interviewed by a fan, someone as knowledgeable about his work as this interviewer was. he's usually asked the most non-relevant questions that interviewers think will sell the articles, as we know. he's almost never asked relevant questions about his solo work, even when he's promoting it. LB grew enormously musically in the last decade and gave us a lot of new music, more than he ever did in relatively short amount of time. he was finally asked about his last 3 solo albums (the ones Richard self-admittedly barely knew existed and never listened to yet). it was refreshing. and yet people feel the need to be all righteous and demanding he should have been asked and talked about production (stuff that even dickdash blog almost never addresses, cause they know where their following is coming from!).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"