Thread: Time question
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Macfan57 - I think it was in the UK magazne "Q", it must have been a late '94 /early '95 issue and for fun Christine, Bekka & Billy all had fake beards on. I think it was just a little snippet to dispell rumors that they had vanished and that they were in fact "together" and recording the "new" album. As for Mason & Winwood "not getting along", this has often been rumored but never really confirmed. Steve did play on Dave's "Two hearts" album in 1987 but from what I heard it was an "on record only" reunion. Dave was apparently hurt that he was not invited to join the Winwood/Capaldi Traffic reunion in 1994, but I don't know how he would've mangaed it anyways since he was working with FM at the time. It's often been stated that Winwood wanted the Traffic stuff to be written as a group and that Mason preferred to write his songs alone so when he brought in his songs completed for the "Mr. Fantasy" album, Steve was not pleased. Traffic's follow up single to their first single "Paper sun" was a Mason song and was called "Hole in my shoe", although it did make number 2 in the UK charts, Steve apparently made little attempt to hide the fact that he (& possibly Chris Wood & Jim Capaldi too) didn't like the song as he/they felt it was "too commercial" for their psychedelic tastes at the time. I don't know if we'll ever know what the truth is behind this as some writers down play this tension and of course others play it up so I guess it depends on what you read as to what you'll think. I'm glad my last post was of some help/use too.

Cristian - I think you're right in what you say, I think it was ChiliD that had posted about that here and that was the first I knew about the "story behind the story". So hopefully it just is that things were done separately without any bad feelings, I guess well never know. Hopefully someday we'll find out though.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 02-03-2003 at 01:49 PM..