View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I didn't say the drama wasn't real. I just see a lot of fans and a lot of the media manufacturing a lot of the drama, and filling in a narrative that none of us were present for. Yes Lindsey chose to not tour, and yes the rest of the band chose to book the tour without him. I'm sure it was really hard and unpleasant, but possibly more amicable than we think. He didn't want to tour, they did. They've always had an open door policy.
Unfortunately the end result has often been cheesy and a little "off-brand" for Fleetwood Mac.
This time is a little different with Mike Campbell on board, but that doesn't make it any less painful.
Not the story that's been told. He was planning to tour with them, but was possibly planning to work solo gigs in between band gigs. He may also have had some disagreements about the material for the band gigs.

The story we're hearing is that it was Stevie who said, I can't work with him anymore. You guys decide-- do you want me, or him? And the band did the math and picked her, and told him he was out.