View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
was this the same tour everyone saw the bekka and dave mason version of FM the same one I saw?
They only did one tour...from mid-1994 to September 1995. I saw them in October 1994....Roger McGuinn (of The Byrds) did a solo acoustic set to open the show.

During FMac's set, Bekka introduced her mom and Bonnie came out to help out on a KICK A$$ version of Dave Mason's "Only You Know & I Know". High energy...just made me think of what I missed by never taking the opportunity to see Delaney & Bonnie & Friends when I had the chance. For their final encore number, they did a really torchy blues version of John Lennon's "Imagine", being that it was within a few days of John's BD, it was quite emotional. There were probably 15,000 or so people at the concert (which was outdoors in a County Park, bright sunny day...probably about 80-85 degrees)...on the hike back to the car, I didn't hear any derrogatory remarks about the "new version" of Fleetwood Mac...everybody was energized...."they were awesome!"..."that new chick kicked a$$!!!", "Wow! Cool, Dave Mason's in Fleetwood Mac now!", etc, etc.

Last edited by chiliD; 05-20-2010 at 06:45 PM..