View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
I did see the time tour show and only opinion of what I saw if she is her own individual singer for the band she should have sang her own songs only don't try to pretend to be stevie nicks and wearing black chiffon and cloaks singing Stevie songs I am sorry she was pretending to be stevie and I am not the only one on here that says this either about bekka I am sure individually she is an ok singer nothing strong came out of that part of FM that is why she only lasted one cd and tour with just to me that part of FM was not FM to me. And Yes Bekka was trying to pretend to be Stevie when doing Stevie FM songs on that tour. Alot of people got up and was leaving during there performance I left in the middle or after Gold Dust Woman I just don't like other singers trying to pretend to be Stevie my opinion Stevie is Stevie end of story if Bekka was so great in FM she would be still in the band. Stevie Nicks is FM with out Stevie Nicks there is no FM End of Story. Your going to get these opinions when you post survey like this. Sorry if Offend the Bekka fans just my opinion.
Okay, first of all, some punctuation would really make this post a heck of a lot more readable. Just a suggestion.

Secondly, it's always been expected of new members of Fleetwood Mac to sing the songs of the previous incarnations. Stevie and Lindsey had to pay their dues this way as well. Why would Bekka be any different? People always talk about how Stevie was the reason for Fleetwood Mac's huge success (and, for the record, I'm not saying that I agree with that notion). So if that's true, why on earth would Fleetwood Mac drop her songs from their setlist? That doesn't make any sense. And I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Christine did not tour for Time. So if it's pretty much a given that Fleetwood Mac would continue to perform Stevie's songs (as they have done with the songs of ALL other former members), who would you have sing them? Dave Mason?

Get real, people.