View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
There wasn't any problem with Time. The problem was with the narrow minded Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham fans who didn't give the new lineup the chance it deserved. Oh, that and the absence of Rick Vito.

I hate standing up for Dave M as I really don't like his music that much (and I have all his solo albums - ), but he doesn't do a bad job on the album, although I know he can really rock out on guitar when he wants to, which he didn't here. I think he fitted quite well into Fleetwood Mac despite Christine's reluctance.

However as Rick Vito is my second fave FM member after Stevie (third fave being Dave Walker - @ sjpdg) I wish he had stuck around for the album, I would have loved the Bekka/Billy/Rick combination.

All in all though, there isn't anything wrong with the album, sure it isn't Rumours, but then again, neither was pretty much the rest of FM's back catalogue.

If there is one criticism to be had, it is that none of the artists seem to be at their best. Billy, Dave and Bekka have all produced fantastic work since Time. If they had brought that energy to the album it would have been brilliant.

EDIT: Matt is right in the above post too, there isn't enough involvement in each other's tracks, obviously Christine/Dave being the worst case of this.
Some people have no sense of humor!!!!

I agree with you and most of the other posts on this thread. My biggest issue with the album is that it just doesn't feel like a collaborative effort. It feels like they all put their parts together separately, got it mixed and packaged up for sale. Some of the material just sounds weak. I agree too that with Rick included (instead of Dave) then the material might have been better and all together a different album.