Thread: Hold Me
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I thought about that.

Plus, I am sure the three writers (and likely Mick and John) do stuff when the others are not around - and they write that down, record it, etc. for later use.

As to producing a final song, I am sure that usually is a much more specific and focused effort, which Hold me likely was. But, surely, they all call back on things they created in the past but never used.

And I remember Mick saying on the Rumours DVD that Lindsey not only remembered his own old stuff, but the "girls'" too. That comment suggested to me that maybe the three songwriters had a trove of unused material somewhere that they'd worked on in the past and discarded (have a butter cookie). However, I concede Aleuzzi's point, based on what Christine herself has said.

Still, that probably changed once Christine stopped working full time and has been at her leisure. Now she probably does have songs that she never wrote or used for any particular purpose and hasn't recorded. Songs written during the divorce, etc. She may not have had a store of them in the old days, but I think she's built up a little archive now.

Michele