View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default He's at it again

ok before i leave work, here's one thread imported from the christinemcvie.com forum. i took out all the smilies and only quoted where i felt it was necessary. i'm trying to figure out a better way to format these, so bear with me. if anyone has suggestions on how to do it, let me know!!!

cmcviefan:
Well, Lindsey Buckingham is at it again...shooting off his mouth.

This is from a newspaper interview in Milwaukee to promote his album. I'm not going to post the entire article, but here's a paragraph in which he talks about the other members of Fleetwood Mac.

"I talk to Mick (Fleetwood) once in a while," he says. "I don't speak to John (McVie) very often. I speak to Christine seldom, maybe once a year. Then again, she's over in England. God knows what she's doing, . . . she's shooting darts over in England. Stevie, yeah, I talk to Stevie, but she's busy. I'm busy."

What a jerk! Thank God I didn't buy his new album.

Aisling:
what the hell!?? why does lindsey have to be this way? it's never enough to just say "no i haven't spoken to her recently," he always has to put in some aside.

i wonder if he thought he was being funny?

either way, christine, block his phone number and don't take that once a year call!

Gail:
I don't why he couldn't have just said "no we don't speak often but then again she's in England"

Some of the things he said recently have irked me a bit. He seems to be suggesting that Christine was somehow responsible for him not having enough freedom with Fleetwood Mac. More likely she was the only one who would stand up to him musically.

I think Mr Buckingham is a very talented man but sometimes he should engage his brain before opening his mouth!

Aisling:
he seems to suffer greatly from spoilt child syndrome! it's 5 people, you're not always going to get your way, grow up and get over it already.

there's no "i" in "team" lindsey!

electronicstorm:
I thought it was quite amusing! "Shooting darts in England..." What the F?? Maybe he should give Christine a call more than once a year to find out what she is really doing. Maybe he was just really trying to be funny! Maybe his sense of humor, like his solo career is very dry!!

Homer McVie:
I don't take the comment so badly, other than maybe "darts" is mocking the fact that she's retired(thus making himself look vital).

Hey Linds, at least she can still sing(better than ever!). You sound like a bag of frogs now!

Aisling:
no, it's certainly not the worst thing he's said about her, but it's annoying that he can't say anything neutral or nice.

Homer McVie:
Spoiled brat, and always has been.

electronicstorm:
Homer McVie wrote: "Hey Linds, at least she can still sing(better than ever!). You sound like a bag of frogs now!"

God, so true! And don't forget she looks absolutley fabulous too!

cmcviefan:
Aisling wrote: "either way, christine, block his phone number and don't take that once a year call!"

That's what I think. I was even surprised that they talk once a year.

cmcviefan:
Homer McVie wrote: "I don't take the comment so badly, other than maybe "darts" is mocking the fact that she's retired(thus making himself look vital)"

That's what I'm guessing that he meant.

Aisling:
cmcviefan wrote: "That's what I think. I was even surprised that they talk once a year"

can you imagine that conversation?

Gail
:
Lindsey - "Hi Chris it's Lindsey"

Christine - "Lindsey who?"

cmcviefan, aisling, electronicstorm:

Lots of laughing smiley faces. Sorry, I didn't feel I should transcribe those in seperate sections. LOL

cmcviefan:
Back in 2001, Fleetwood Mac(without Chris) played a set at the White House just before President Clinton left office. Lindsey did an interview in Rolling Stone just after this happened. Here's an excerpt from that interview.

RS: So what is the status of Fleetwood Mac?

You know it's interesting, I made a joke at the show about us having worked through our own partisan politics. And I really think there is a pretty potent future for the band. In a way, Christine has really checked herself out of the situation. She sold her house in L.A. and is just residing in England. God knows what she's doing. But it kind of frees the Fleetwood Mac situation to be looked at in a fresh light and in some ways in the dynamic that Stevie and I had going before we joined the band.

Once again , he used the same words...God knows what she's doing.

Gail:
Oh poor Lindsey! that wicked Christine wont let him do what he wants.

And now he has the freedom to do what he wants and guess what? He can't sing anymore!

Aisling
:
ugggh.

it amazes me that he always paints his own departure from the band as this great "survival move". but when he talks about chris leaving, there's this sense of bitterness, as if he is belittling her decision.

at least that's what i get from him most of the time.

nicepace:
"Shooting darts"????? Seems to me that's what LINDSEY is doing. Y'know, hurling insults, shooting darts -- get it?

On the other hand, maybe Chris really *is* shooting darts, literally. I rather like the image of her down at the local pub taking on all challengers. I have a feeling she'd be very good at the game.

Christine played a very important role in the history of rock music, as a woman who wrote her own songs, played her own instrument, and sang as well. Maybe Lindsey was/is threatened by that? It's one thing to be in a band with a woman who is "just" a vocalist (the accepted female role in rock music), but to then have to also be in the band with a woman who is a writer and musician and has her own ideas about how the music should sound, maybe that's something he was never all that comfortable with.

I don't suppose we'll ever really know; I think my theory is just a more complex way of saying he's immature and self-centered.

And by the way, I wouldn't have even known he had a new album if it hadn't been discussed here. I am basically completely uninterested in his or Stevie's solo careers.

cmcviefan:
I don't think he likes to be challenged by anyone, male or female. Chris had the creative & financial standing to stand up to him, unlike Mick, John & probably even Stevie. Unlike Chris, he was never a team player.

And of course, he's immature(even at 57 ) & self centered.