View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am planning on getting an updated CD player with new speakers to enjoy this sound. I know every beat, chord, song, and sound from the Mirage concert. In February 1983, I woke up at 2 am to record the HBO concert on a tape recorder from the TV. I went to school the same morning and would listen to my cassette tape concert for years LMAO.

I am looking forward to the perfect sounds coming from the live CD. I am disappointed no new songs but this is still amazing.

Best version of Gypsy ever - so acoustic and almost country sounding. Stevie's voice and passion is amazing

Love in Store - what a gem live. To hear Stevie back up Chris is an angelic orchestra

Best version of Sisters of the Moon - the speaking in tongues - a true classic

Not that funny - to listen to a real piano at a real concert - too much for words

Go your own way - just one of the best live versions ever

The Chain - look out! Christine is on fire with singing back up. She is practically yelling.

Songbird - just so beautiful and the best - Thank you Los Angeles

Eyes of the World - Stevie's goat singing is actually such a plus on this song. Plus the rarity of Christine on tambourine - hey I got this too.

You Make Loving Fun - just one of the best versions ever. Stevie's little dance is so cute.

Blue Letter - such a classic live and some great harmonies that almost sound like they are struggling but it adds to the song.

Agree 100 percent. It's by far the part of this set that has me most excited. To have that specific mirage show on a clear perfect sounding CD has me way more excited then if they had did like the tusk set and selected a lot of new performances. That's the exact opposite of how I feel about the tusk and rumours tours, so they got it right with me for a change!

And I'm only very mildly upset that it's not the whole show. The band or whoever slelected the tracklist of the original HBO special did a great job picking the right songs. So we don't get Dreams, Landslide and Second Hand News. Who cares! I'm sort of glad all the songs I want to hear from that show will fit on one CD. Won't have to change discs mid run or car ride or whatever the case may be.

Sisters and The chain simply don't have better versions out there, although the latest live chain from the tusk tour is close.

He Will Burn You Down