View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default I Don't Wanna Know Your Theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Let me check my Rumours Deluxe. There's on cut on here of Lindsey playing electric guitar and singing solo backed by the rhythm section. It fits him like a glove. It's his! It's gotta be his. Since when does he record an entire Nicks song and sing it all the way through as a reference vocal—especially with this much conviction, shouting directions the way he and McVie do on their own songs, indicating verse, chorus, bridge, and so on? THIS IS HIS SONG, PEOPLE! NurseJackson is brilliant on this point. Reconsider this one, RodeoJoe.
That's some good clue-finding there, with the Rumours Deluxe cut.
I'll definitely concede that Lindsey sounds super enthused.

We should keep in mind that back in those days you have Lindsey singing "Crystal" and he's often singing or sharing lead on Christine's songs.

And there is also the context that at the point of recording Rumours, Stevie was still just the bonus extra that came with Lindsey's recruitment into the band as its leading man--at least from a musical/recording perspective (obviously she very soon came to hold her own with her Rhiannon stage persona and pin-up photogenics).

Here's an alternative angle: It was a Stevie penned demo, which Lindsey was going to sing lead on (maybe because it seemed like more of a guy's song; not entirely convinced on this point, though), but they opted for a Stevie-Lindsey shared vocal after the Silver Springs thing.

I still don't see these "crammed" lyrics as being Lindsey-penned.
The chord simplicity and the somewhat spiral structure of the song are reminiscent of Stevie to me.

It's not as killer a track as Blue Letter for them to have bought it from someone else, I would have thought.

EDIT: It's a fascinating topic because this is a track on RUMOURS, so I'm inclined to choose this as my question to ask Lindsey at my upcoming m&g!