Thread: Bekka Bramlett
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Bekka's voice...I liked her mom's, as well (I was a big Delaney & Bonnie fan)...Bekka sounds almost identical to her mom. When I saw the Time lineup (which is really a misnomer, since when I saw them, it was still almost a year to the day from when Time was released...plus Christine was nowhere in sight), Bonnie made a cameo appearance singing background vocals WITH Bekka on Dave Mason's "Only You Know & I Know" (which was a minor hit for Delaney & Bonnie and Friends), they were almost indistinguishable.

Even while doing background vocals for other artists, Bekka's voice is instantly recognizable (best example is Jonny Lang's "Lie To Me"...also on....uh.....ack!. O crap! I forget the title, but on one of Montgomery Gentry's big hits from the early 2000's, she does a prominent background vocal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
An aside: Talking of Mac reinterpretations/covers, I've always thought Stevie could do a mean interpretation of Green Manalishi. Am I alone in this?
Well, she doesn't take the lead vocal, but she does the "sing in tongues" thing (as she would later do on "Sisters Of The Moon" on the '82 Mirage video) during those 1975-77 versions that Fleetwood Mac did.

Listen to the version of "Green Manalishi" on the Who's The New Girl? bootleg, for example.

Last edited by chiliD; 05-29-2013 at 10:51 AM..