View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Double Set

This is indeed encouraging news - if the band weren't impressed with the calibre of songs in the can, there is no way they would even consider releasing enough material to justify a double set. It is also heartening to think that there may be comparisons to the opus that was Tusk, if not sonically at least in terms of spirit and a desire to experiment and reinvent.

I would have thought there would be more than 23 songs - I was hoping for maybe 15 per cd, but even a single disc of 12 tracks would please me. I truly hope there is at least one joint composition between Stevie and Lindsey - imagine another epic in the vein of Frozen Love? Their harmonies on Thrown Down prove that they still have what it takes to create something that wonderful so the idea is not outside the realms of possibility.

So to recap on earlier messages, what titles are we fairly certain will be included? My recollection is that these songs are pretty much certified inclusions based on press articles and the documentary trailer:

Thrown Down
Peacekeeper
Illume

I'm also hoping beyond all hope that Smile At You has been recorded and am reasonably confident that Down On Rodeo and Come will make the final cut. Has anyone heard or more importantly, read any other confirmed titles?