View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 08:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You missed my point Steve
I agree they will do Don't Stop
However I will bet the band will not do any Lindsey songs. He was fired. It would be so strange. Lindsey worked on Tango and the band was promoting it so of course they did songs from the album.
Its just my bet if you want to place it. It just would be so pathetic of trying to replace Lindsey vocally on his own songs. There is enough material to not sound like a cover band.
This is very different. Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine all left the band. None of them were fired...until now. I was looking forward to Buckingham/Nicks songs. I don't think we will see any of those either. We will get Oh Well maybe even Black Magic Woman and Stand Back and a Heartbreaker song.
I'll take that bet.

If they had no intention of replacing Lindsey vocally, why on earth would they bring in Neil Finn? Mike Campbell can handle (or TRY to handle!) LB's guitar work; Finn is obviously there to handle LB's vocals. Why would he be needed if they weren't planning to perform GYOW, The Chain, and maybe even I'm So Afraid, among others? Plus, if Campbell's going to be given a chance to shine, he has to perform some of LB's solos, which are mostly found in LB tunes.

I predict a minimum of four LB-lead-vocal tunes on this upcoming tour, with Finn handling said vocals.