View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
For me I am on Lindsey's side and won't support the band.

I got into FM because of SN. She was the main attraction and I didn't bother with any of the solo albums from other members.

I decided to give them a try and really enjoyed Lindsey's material. It isn't all good but it isn't all bad either. I know his solo material is not exactly MOR top 40 stuff but I like that he isn't selling out just to have hits.

When he got fired I really saw some fans true colors on Facebook. They clearly only support FM if SN is in the band. I saw so many nasty comments about him and or his family. I believe his wife when she says they lied. Why would she put her credibility on the line by lying. She runs an established business and doesn't need the money or exposure that comes with FM. Yet people dump all over her for defending her husband. They call her a liar, gold digger, say she got knocked up on purpose for financial gain etc.

Then when you offer a counter point you either get attacked or they remove your posts and or block you from that group. They also bring up abuse stories from years ago or quote garbage from the "Storms" or "Gold Dust Woman" books of which no one in FM had any say in what was written.

Some of the admins in those groups are something else. They allow slanderous or vulgar comments and do nothing.

I saw a post from a guy who said something to the effect that Lindsey is a woman beater and he bashed a woman's face in. Really???? It is like for the past x amount of years they have had amnesia and suddenly his firing made them remember all the bad **** he did and hence why he deserves to be fired.

When they say Lindsey didn't want to play pre 75 material I just laugh. They had 10 years without him and did a total of 4 Peter Green songs between the 3 tours but nothing else from any other pre 75 member. They did do cover songs by other artists though.

Lindsey may not be perfect but he did a lot for this band and I dislike the people minimizing his talents or contributions to the band. He was the architect of their sound and more then once set aside solo projects to work with them. He could have said no in 85 when Mick wanted a new FM album but he chose to record with them (Doing the album mostly on his own since members were either not there or checked out mentally due to drugs etc.)

Stevie Nicks has more then once kept them waiting when they either wanted to or were recording / touring. Yet the rabid SN worshipers on Facebook won't admit that period. They defend her no matter what. I don't. I may appreciate her talent as a singer etc but I don't excuse bad behavior. Same goes for Mick. I feel Mick only does what is best for his pocket book no matter who gets hurt or how it hurts the brand of FM.
Very well put, I agree with almost every single word and feel the same way.