View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh without a doubt Stevie and Liz have gag orders...most of these articles and interviews are so redundant, why even bother having a writer or columnist interview her! Liz could interview Stevie herself and make up a fake writer and just sell it to magazines. The Rolling Stone interview has its funny moments but it's pages upon pages of junk fluff. Rolling Stone goes that direction in the first place and then when you combine it with Stevie's legacy assuring agenda...there isn't much left of interest.

As much of a stir it caused, the Playboy interview Mick did a few years back may seem like the last really honest piece of journalism associated with this band. Was it part of a larger ploy to get them on the road? yeah probably, but at least Mick had some balls...and his frustration with Stevie I totally understand now, after these recent events.

This band dodges a major bullet with John's cancer and then the crazy fortunate return of Christine and Stevie still can't decide if she wants to be part of the band in the fullest sense - totally baffles me.
You summed it up for me here. I would have thought John's cancer and Christine's return would have really pulled everything together. It is very disappointing as a Stevie fan to see her so reluctant to do this album. I'm at a point where I can take her or leave her being apart of the album. I would absolutely love for her to be apart of it, but I'm alright with just hearing Lindsey and Christine's songs. I loved their collaboration on Tango.