Thread: Mac Dreams
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm deathly ill with bronchitis/borderline pnemonia (sp? Too lazy to look it up), so I took some NyQuil this morning and slept the afternoon away. It was lovely, and lead to a great Mac dream.

I wrote a song with Stevie We were in a dimly lit room (candles, naturally), sitting by a huge fireplace and a black grand piano. Everything covered in lace and paper flowers and shawls; the room smelled like lavender musk. It was like, totally Stevie-ified. There was parchment paper with scribbles on it EVERYWHERE, some falling into the fireplace and slowly burning. We had written and rewritten and written again by the start of my dream, I think.

So here we were, sitting on this piano bench together, writing lyrics. I would write one like and she would either make a little suggestion or continue to the next. We went back and forth like this, somehow writing the music with it. At the end of the dream, she played and sang it for me, and towards the end, I sang along.

It was magically, predictably, pretentiously SO amazing. This NyQuil thing is working for me.