View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bols59 View Post
even in my twenties, if my boyfriend had committed DV against me I would have been out of there in a heartbeat. Carol Ann isn't mentally challenged. This isn't the Dark Ages; she could have booked anytime.
But to allow it to continue... plus, what about the road crew who witnessed the after effects? They just turned a blind eye?
I have no interest in debating this issue specifically regarding Harris and Buckingham, but in relation to women staying with their abusers- it happens all the time. I’m glad you feel confident that you would leave in a heartbeat, good for you. Not everybody feels they can for a myriad of reasons. Tina Turner and Nicole Brown are two famous women who dealt with abuse by men who proclaimed to love them, and both had very different outcomes.

And again, speaking generally, yes other people ignore abusive behavior. Imagine you’re on a road crew, and you see a superstar slapping his girlfriend- who are you going to go to? HR? LOL! If you said one word in complaint, at least back then, you would have been fired so fast your head would have been spinning.

Abuse is a horrible thing, and not everyone reacts the same way to it.