View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I love old music. I love new music. People who say 'music isn't good anymore' are just stuck in the past, living in nostalgia. And it varies. I've heard music isn't good anymore, since 1968, since 1972, since 1977, since 1987, since 1991 - it's all baloney to me. Music is still good. Great, in fact.

I'll be 40 in....a little while, and just today I was aksed if I still listen to the same bands I listened to in my teens and early 20's. I was delighted to say 'Nope' (except for FM and Stevie). Most of my favorites now are bands or singers I've discovered within the past 7-10 years. It's great - there's so much out there! You just have to work to find it, and be willing to *listen*. People don't like to listen anymore; they're too busy checking Facebook updates, living in our ADHD society.

On another forum, someone posted their own Top 100 Albums of all time, and another poster said something like...

And I feel the same way.

However, I do feel I should say that it's *harder* to find great music nowadays. Radio plays a list of 15-25 songs on repeat, and DJs have no say in their playlists. There are very few record stores. There aren't record clubs anymore (BMG, RCoA, Columbia House). There are tens of thousands of albums released every year just in the United States (about 75,000 on an average year), and most people will only know about .0133% of them - or about 10. How can you buy or hear or love music you don't even know exists?

It's a shame, really.

I agree about radio .It does not matter what format the music is.They play the same handful of tunes over and over again.They dont let more of the new artists have a chance to get their tunes played .its the same for the well seasoned artists too.

I put the blame on corporate radio on this problem.They bought most of the ma-pa stations out.I like tuning in college stations because they play anything.

It probably was me that made the list and commented about anything after 1991 was not in the faves list.LOL...

I actually like some 1990's music.

I happen to enjoy some of those 12 inch singles I've been getting from my friend down the street.

Yes I was shocked that my nephew liked the old stuff over the new stuff which he is 25.

His older brother and younger sister likes the current tunes which they are two years in age apart.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016