View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Exactly. While I still believe it's speculation that Lindsey was fired because of Stevie's wishes. There are four people still left in the band, and after putting up with the awkward dynamic between themselves for the better part of four decades to think that three of the four remaining members bowed to the whims of just one is a stretch for me. Regadless, I don't know why firing both would be necessary or that when it comes to the business decisions of five aging millionaires the reasoning needs to be "fair."

Even it it was all Stevie being "it's him or me," why would the rest of the band be "Forget it, it's both of you"? Regardless of anyone on this board's personal feelings on the matter, Stevie has been and remains the biggest draw for the band among the general concert-going public. If it all comes down to money, the band isn't going to toss the biggest contributor to the bottom line. Beyond the financial aspect, there's no denying that Mick gets along with Stevie better on a personal level. Whatever posters here may think of Stevie and her diva-ness, evidence suggests that within the context of the band Lindsey has historically been the outsider. I mean, she and Mick are always showing up at things together and John has said any number of things over the years suggesting he gets along well and easily with her. Even allowing for Christine's opinion to be neutral on who she prefers to spend her remaining years on the road with, Stevie is edging Lindsey in an intra-band popularity contest.

Honestly, I'm only surprised it took this long for someone to get fired from this petty, mixed-up band. And while I'm inclined to think the problem may have started with a touring disagreement that escalated into a clash of personalities that couldn't stand to be together any longer...I really am not at all surprised that if one person is out, that person is Lindsey.

From both a financial and a personal aspect, if one was going to be out...it seems like Lindsey was always going to be that one.
Hmmm, I guess you need a valid reason to fire someone. A fair reason. If not, then yes, they're all bowing to the whims of one band member.

So, Lindsey was fired because he's an outsider and Stevie is more popular? After 43 years that's a valid reason to fire someone?

Yes, please, Lindey, go away. You're socially awkward and financially useless.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.