View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Or if Christine had gotten therapy sooner to get over her fear of flying... or if Lindsey had just let Christine record with them for Say You Will... or if Lindsey had never left the band in the first place... or if Stevie HAD recorded with them for this album, this particular "duets" tour wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I guess what I'm saying is, this tour happened right now for a whole variety of reasons, but we're lucky it did happen, period. No reason to point fingers, because there's plenty of "blame" for why this didn't happen before now. As Lindsey said on the Talk, even they don't know why they didn't do an album together before.
I don't remember talking to you about this subject, but they decided to make a duet album AFTER Stevie say 'no' to a FM album, not after Lindsey and Stevie and Christine left the band 25 years ago. You can find any article after they released the album where pretty much every journalist reached to the same conclusion. Even the members of the band said they were trying to convince her.

I know we're lucky. That's why I made the trip and atended two shows in July and will probably do it again in November. So I know we're lucky. Because I'm a BuckVie fan. But we could have been luckier if they didn't hold out hope for something that was never gonna happen.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.