View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was there and to the OP: yes I was urging my wife to get up and dance at the beginning of the new songs and was like let's do ittttt but same thing. People were very shy for the first half of the show! You could tell they (the band) had more fun when everyone got up though.

I really hope that line at the end means there's more of this. They should frankly have done this sooner and just been recording like this all these years and not waiting around for Stevie to give her blessing. I guess hindsight as they'd never done this before. This new album and most the songs on it (except game of pretend and lay down for free -- which they sadly closed the show out with and I think are the weakest songs on there by far) is pretty solid. It feels like Mirage 2.

The show was good. I enjoyed the set and was thankful they played mostly new songs. I would have liked to hear a couple more solo songs that we don't get often (or ever) maybe "Love Will Show Us How" or "Got A Hold On Me" would have been a great addition, and I probably would have subtracted the last two songs from the set for that.

Something I noticed as I got up front and stood right in front of Chris for most of the 2nd half-- Her keyboard is kept very low volume most of the time. I see Brett playing a lot of the piano licks or doubling them. She almost looks nervous and shaky to me. Is that an age thing or has she always been kinda averse to the limelight? I may have been overthinking this but I feel like vocally she didn't sound all that confident in herself either.