View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I think the main difference is their ages. Lindsey was how old in 1987? 38? Christine is 60!
I don't know. Sure, fans are ready to accept a "retirement" at 60 moreso than at an earlier age, but I seriously doubt that it was simply "the road" that made the decision for either one of them anyway. It played a role for each because the road represents time away from being able to focus on something besides the band. But I think they both made their choices on far more than that, including personal issues, relationships, other interests & band burnout.

It is a selfish choice on some level - one that was going to disappoint others - but it's the kind of selfish choice that I don't think anyone should be denied or have held against them. I don't doubt it was a difficult decision for both. But it was the best choice for his and her life at the time that each made the choice. They're real people with other things to tend to in life and they know what they're ready to deal with at any given point far better than we do. In those circumstances, thirty-eight or sixty is neither here nor there.