View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Why is a tour "break" of a month or two inherently different from tour "breaks" of a night or two or three during a given week? A lot of you guys said that touring a secondary, lesser tour during a larger main tour was a promotional no-no. (I never understood just why that might be true, or even whether that was true.) Promotion behind a big tour like this one isn't going to abruptly stop just because the band is on a month-long hiatus. In fact, I'd think that the band NEEDED all its members during part of that hiatus to reinvigorate itself by adding new songs to the set. You may not know this, Sugar Mouse, but Fleetwood Mac actually wrote and recorded new material during its July break from the 1980 touring schedule.

There is most definitely some double standard nonsense going on with this band at this time (and historically, too).
It's not a double standard because because Neil is touring the UK while the band is touring the US; two different countries so no fan crossover.

Moreover, I'm very confident that Neil would be more than happy to work on new material with FM whenever they want.

Neil is a songwriting machine (see the documentaries for the 7 Worlds Collide projects and the Out of Silence sessions on YouTube) and he can probably write all the songs and produce a new Fleetwood Mac album in under a month. And the process would be enjoyable unlike sessions with Lindsey used to be.