View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 12:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I am late reading this, but this is incredibly powerful... just wow... I am tearing up reading it all. I wish I'd managed to score tickets to this show (I tried!). I attended Chattanooga the following night instead (and it was a great show but no mention of FM or Stevie, of course, and not the same level of personal emotion, it seems).

I am continuously amazed at how classy he has been through this shocking situation. Such immense betrayal and yet he hasn't bitten back. It breaks my heart for him after all his contributions and getting her into the band to start.

I used to love Stevie but after this, I just can't find much affection for her anymore. This is just me rambling but I think comparing her solo work to her songs in FM reveals a lot about her abilities. Her solo work (to me) just cannot compare to her gems on FM albums. And the reason is, of course, that Lindsey and numerous other musicians and producers elevated her poems into incredible, masterful works of art. However she doesn't have those same helping hands on her solo albums, and it shows. I never, and I sincerely mean NEVER, want to listen to any of her solo work. I do however listen to Lindsey's frequently.

Such a sad situation but I'm glad he's making the most of it. I will be back when the small machine comes back through.

Thanks again to all for the details and reviews of this moment and show.