View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
No doubt she is prolific. But she learned little in college as she is never concise, relies too much on memorized/rehearsed pieces, and her nervousness comes across when she starts to ramble. I remember her Beauty and the Beast story during Wild Heart tour - “I um, just want to take a few minutes to talk about this song” then proceeded to tell a nearly incoherent story.

I think she has, over time, come to enjoy speaking even though she isn’t very good at it. The Gypsy story, which I think I’m the person who enjoyed it, and the 24K touris evidence of that.

I think she should have been cut a break with her MusiCares speech. She was dealing with a major loss, who knows what kind of tensions FM were having, Bill Clinton was in the audience, and the point of the award was really unclear. She tried, she failed, and her teammates openly mocked her behind her back in front of an audience. Should she have been more graceful and talked more about FM? Yes. Did she deserve to be treated poorly by the band? No.
I'm not buying the major loss stuff.