View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
If they were to take a back to basics, from the ground up approach and work on the album as a band, absolutely it would be great to have a new album. I cringe a bit at the idea of Stevie "sending" them some tapes and dropping by near the finish to slap on some vocals and having zero part of the creative process. Also, the band would need a producer who "gets" them, Dashut and Calliat come to mind and take them in a direction that upholds the quality of the work through the process and keeps the egos in check. Otherwise, we would be in for more bloat and inconsistent work which would end up on the shelf or taking up i-pod space. Oh yeah, did I mention not to be attempted without Ms McVie in the room?
I completely agree! A fresh batch of songs from scratch would be a refreshing change of pace rather than a collection of recycled songs from past projects, which essentially made up Say You Will. And now since its been confirmed that Christine will be rejoing the group, that could very well reinvigorate the rest of the band and indeed bring back a group sense of work ethic.