View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And Tina Turner will be inducted sometime,
Quote:
I wasn't aware Chrissie Hynde, Ann Wilson, or Nancy Wilson have released many solo albums,
Quote:
The one significant thing about Steve being inducted as a solo artist is that the door will finally open for other women, including Diana Ross, even though she doesn't play an instrument, either. Or Cyndi Lauper, Belinda Carlisle, Florence Welch, Celine Dion, Gwen Stefani, Cher,
see, to some feminists among us, reading stuff like this is so offensive. why would anyone have to open the door for all these women who are way ahead of Nicks, in any and every sense? before her, bigger than her, selling way more than her (if commercial is what is of primary importance), way more groundbreaking than her? i mean some of them are not in at all, and there are several on your list that should be in twice already! it's completely ridiculous. i know this is heresy on these boards where Stevie is on high pedestal for people, but try and be realistic for a moment.

yes, way more women should have been inducted and many way more deserving are not even in once. and RnRHoF indiction committee shouldn't have been given a choice of either Cyndi or Benatar or Nicks like they apparently were - and those women on the nomination committee shouldn't have gone with that false choice of just one woman among them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"