View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Ledgie

Of course I do know that drugs alone isn't responsible for all social unrest from the sixties and onward. And some drugs, mostly psychedelic, can indeed help and enlighten creativity, wether musical or artistic, as so much music and art from that time proves. But that said I wouldn't for the world want my children to now indulge even in my moderate, as I understand after reading the books, drug abuse of those days.
Also when I look back there were so many people I knew that paid really high prices for their prolonged use of drugs: bad accidents when stoned, mental instability, sickness and suicide.
And regarding the Crosby quote I still think it's horrific but mostly sad. Sad because his early years where so musically creative and I regard his first solo lp one of my favorite albums all time. Sad because we don't know how much talent that later went up in cocaine free-basing smokes and heroin syringes. We don't know what fantastic music he could have accomplished if he stayed more sober or perhaps only used herbal drugs in a more moderate way. And that goes for many others, Peter Green too.

Last edited by bjornense; 10-05-2010 at 11:15 AM..