View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I think this lends some support to my theory that a pattern emerged after Tusk of him wanting to go solo, but needing FM for the wave of popularity it gave him. Again, it's just a theory, but it is somewhat supported I think.
Stevie said she thought Lindsey stayed for as long as he did because he didn't want to be the first one to say goodbye. I see no reason to think that he stayed because of the "wave of popularity it gave him" when he did absolutely nothing to capitalize on that popularity. If you're in it for the "wave of popularity," you don't leave on the verge of a blockbuster tour that would have reaped millions for you and given you national (or worldwide) exposure. Even Mick was shocked -- not that Lindsey left, but at the timing of Lindsey's exit, after he'd worked on Tango so long and hard. and the lucrative part of that work was just If he was in it for the fame and fortune, then he wouldn't have left that tour money on the table, when he had nothing going on in his solo career to take it's place.

I think he stayed as long as he did for emotional reasons, not knowing how to make the break.

Michele