View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 03:36 PM

Yes, it was this interview:

Q: 24 Karat Gold could easily have a Part 2 or 3 because of the number of demos you have. What would you include on it?
A: I think that this is one of the best records I’ve ever made. So I can’t just let this record go. When the Fleetwood Mac tour is over, I might go straight back to Nashville and record eight or nine songs, and Warner Brothers can take it and repackage the album. I have another 10 demos. There’s a song that’s called City of Hope that I love that needs to go out because that’s [the name of the California-based hospital] Robin was in. I spent a lot of time driving through the big sign that says “City of Hope” when there was no hope. With a bottle of brandy and a gram of cocaine, thinking, “Please God, don’t let her die.”

Q: You also have a song about JFK. Is it on your list of possibilities to record for the second volume of 24 Karat Gold?
A: I’ll probably do that, too. It’s called The Kennedys. That was about a strange dream I had about meeting the Kennedy men, at a cocktail party benefit in the Hamptons. I went in to play the piano and sing [for the party] and Martin Luther King walked me down the hallway. It has this amazing part that I just think would fit with the world right now: “Please God, show them the way. Please God, on this day. Spirits all gather round. Peace will come if you really want it. Peace will come if you fight harder. I think we’re just in time to save it.” I’m ready for Jack Kennedy’s dreams. I’m ready for there to be somebody leading the country that somehow puts some kind of a respect and charisma into things … basically the same thing that Clinton had.

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/i-liv...-stevie-nicks/

Also here is the Q & A: http://stevie-nicks.info/2014/11/ste...s-on-facebook/

The only other songs I remember at the moment are her Rhiannon songs for her Mabinogion project and a disc of children songs like Goldfish and Ladybug because if I remember well, there are more than the latter and Blue Water.

However it may be relevant that in 1995 Stevie should have released an album of rarities called "Playing In God's Garden" with this tracklist:

1. Whenever I Call You 'Friend'
2. Violet And Blue
3. Sleeping Angel
4. I Need To Know (Live)
5. Gold And Braid
6. Inspiration
7. Running Through The Garden
8. Kick It (Acoustic Version)
9. Silver Springs
10. Not A Love I'm Proud Of
11. Just Like Jesse James
12. Playing In God's Garden

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-15-2017 at 04:55 PM..