View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We will see. I have the opposite opinion. Adding 2 new members for a tour (not recording) makes the band play a more traditional set. IMHO they have to convince everyone they are still Fleetwood Mac. Unfortunately IMHO, the "older" material that will be played will be covered by the new guys. I really think they are forced to crank out the hits more than ever. Although its possible for Chris to do one blues song since now her song list increased by at least 3. We on this board are the hardcore fans. The Mac is afraid to play older stuff because the audience does not know it. These kinds of tours, they play for the mass concert attendee. In 1987 Stevie added 2 solo songs and a Buckingham Nicks song to the set. I also think she will play at least 1 solo song and a Heartbreaker song. I think we were counting on deep cuts from Tusk like Angel or Mirage's Straight Back. I think those kind of songs are out the window now. It will be their standard set plus 2 classic Mac tunes, plus Stevie solo/Heartbreaker song. Even on the Buckingham/McVie tour, Christine was extremely conservative. She had the chance to dig out some great songs. But she played only the hits (not including the new promotional songs from their album).
I know you disagree, but I don't think they'll roll out Shaking the Cage part 2. I think Stevie is tired of the same old, and I'd bet we get 7 or 8 big hits and an FM version of the 24KG tour (not Stevie solo songs, but back catalog and older hits from FM). I would also bet that if there's a Heartbreakers tune it's either I Need To Know and/or SDMHA, I'd be game to hear either of those with Mike, Neil, Chris and Stevie But I'd put money on Freedom turning up too, and that's a deep cut I'd love to see live.

I discovered Fleetwood Mac during the BTM lineup, so I had to absorb Lindsey's contributions with all of their other "former" guitarists/singers. The result is that, in general, I love all of the Fleetwood Mac material, but this turn of events has reinforced my original interpretation that the only actual permanent members are Mick and John. I would love to hear Hypnotized, Green Manalishi, Woman of 1000 Years, Freedom, Hollywood, Bright Fire, etc., in concert.

Like a lot of folks, I'm sick and tired of the old setlists, and Stevie's tour was an enormous breath of fresh air for me. I hope she's at least convinced the rest of the band that it's fun to bring out the deep stuff.