View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny23220 View Post
Hi Wheart - Sorry to hear that the show did not live up to your expectations. I personally loved it but I wanted to commiserate with you about the audience because if I had not tried really hard to focus on the show, they would have ruined the experience for me too!

So the guy behind me decided to SHOUT all the lyrics to every song The Pretenders sang. Thankfully, he shut up for the most part when Stevie came on. Although, he did have to add commentary to all of Stevie's commentary! The couple to my right seemed to be in an argument the whole time. I could feel their tension. He just sat in his seat while she tried to have fun-they left early and I heard her say that she will have to watch the show on youtube. Some girls to my left were having a great night out - they too, were a little loud and kept wanting to chit-chat AND they were passing a bowl around, yes! Smoking pot the old fashion way with a bowl and lighter. Not even one of the fancy and easy to sneak in vaporizers. In front of me... some lady was sitting sideways and out in the isle and the security guard asked her to move back into her seat...or something...she was all loud and defensive and decided to go find the security guard and "tell her off" and had to come back with a full report she thought everyone in the vicinity had to hear. Another security guard thought she could put a stop to all the cell phone/camera, videos/photos but after calling people out and shining her flashlight in peoples faces for 15 minutes, she realized that she could not stop the whole arena and gave up.

ALL of this was going on while Stevie was onstage. Pretty darn frustrating.
ah sorry to hear what you had to endure. You had it coming at you from all angles! I was in the lower section but I could see there seemed to be commotion on the floor for the entire show. What was up with Philly on Sunday night? Oh and we could see the huge puff of pot smoke rise from the middle of the floor. The drunk dude next to me was shouting about it. I was surprised that the majority of the crowd, at least that I saw, was young. Very few old farts like me. LOL

I remember it all...you just had to fall...