View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
I can honestly say I didn't hold it against LB for exiting. I remember being really sad.
I was sitting there in front of a television in August 1987, after having spent the spring listening to interviews with Lindsey & Chris discuss how satisfying the "Tango" album was to them, & saw the MTV news clip reporting that he had quit. It was pretty surprising to me, & when MTV played the "Little Lies" video, it was sad. I was disappointed because I hadn't seen Buckingham onstage in five years, & had been looking forward to that.
Quote:
I think it was very a respectable job covering the TITN tour on such short notice. I also thought the BTM tour was very good. I know many people did not think so, but I thought that FMac put on a very good show w/o Lindsey. The crowd in Cleveland (where i lived at the time) was going bezerk!
I saw shows in Los Angeles & San Diego, & the audience was a typical Fleetwood Mac concert audience. Everything was fine, from the crowd's perspective. It was everyone's first exposure to post-cocaine Stevie, & I immediately sensed she was "slower." By the time the 1990 tour rolled around, Stevie was proving to be the weak link onstage. The "Mask" shows seemed rather sluggish, despite the fact that they were note-for-note copies of the arrangements on the 1987/88 tour.

moviekinks.blogspot.com