View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I miss Christine too but I do think they could get someone who could perform her songs and come off as credible.

My thought (and vote if I were to be given one, which I know is never going to happen) is that they could ask Lola Thomas, who fronted John's "Gotta Band" a few years back. She's got an outstanding voice, bluesy, a slight touch raspy and very sexy, she's good looking and has worked with John before. They could throw in a song or two by her or just have her do Christine's stuff with FM.

I honestly don't like the idea of getting the long-time back up singers to do some of this material. It's not a Stevie solo tour. It's a FM tour. They can sing all they like when on tour with her. Other than that they can do what they're hired for and sing back up. Full Stop.

If this really is the "final chapter" for FM in the B/N era, or for FM period, then they should do a representative sampling of the band's songs from the Peter Green era on through to "Say You Will". It's only fair. If you are really going to "Unleash" this band on their "last hurrah", then they should "unleash" some of the songs that are part of the FM legend, and (sorry to burst any bubbles here) those don't all come from the B/N era of the band, and include just a couple more than "Oh Well".

No offense meant or intended, but there seems to be a need for a reality check here. Christine is not coming back to the band, her hits should be done, especially if this is the last tour, either Lindsey or Stevie or another artist (not a backup singer) should do those songs, and they should do a couple of songs at least that come from eras other than Buckingham/Nicks. Maybe I'm biased, overly opinionated, or who knows what, but that's what I think, for what it's worth.