View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Honestly, I don't think so. I love those Bob Welch-era albums, too. Uneven though they often are, each features some of the band's best music. But he would not have done well to continue on with FM. Part of the magic of the Rumours lineup is the undeniably explosive chemistry between those five people on one stage. Any attempts at altering/adjusting that chemistry to include someone else would not and have not succeeded. Rumours would not have been Rumours with Welch on board. There's no way around that truth.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't lie, cheat, and steal for a Welch-Buckingham-McVie record, or one where Stevie and Bob sing together on every song.
Oh, don't get me wrong... I love Rumours as is and it wouldn't have happened any other way. It doesn't hurt to still wonder what it would be like if Bob was in the mix though. Perhaps the question shouldn't be 1975 but 1980. I just think the potential dynamic with Bob/Stevie is so intriguing. Obviously Chris/Bob is great but Chris/Bob/Stevie/Lindsey vocals....wow. I cant imagine Lindsey ever wanting to share the band with another prominent male though.

Bob stayed so close with the band for the following years after his leaving. I wonder if he ever ended up on any studio recordings with them.