View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMagic View Post
2. The songs have a quality about them where like Sara even if you heard the thing 20 times, it is not a bother. Whereas Rumours you cringe everytime Dont Stop comes on. They just dont hold up to repeated listening like Tusk.
i don't know, i never could stand Sara. maybe b/c lyrics are usually not what i focus on in a song, and Sara just goes on and on - and on - with not much melody to it . on the other hand, unlike what the popular opinion seems to be, when Don't Stop comes on the radio, to me it still has so many enjoyable parts in it.

but back to the Tusk -
  • other than Sara, i love SN's songs on it. SOTM, Angel, BC, Storms - love them all!
  • other than TAFE and SMAP, i adore LB's songs on it. Ledge, WMYTYTO, NTF, IKINW, Tusk, That's Enough For Me... and did i mention Walk A Thin Line? adore them!
  • other than Think About Me (which i've never heard before buying the CD), i just cannot get through CM's songs on it . maybe they are musically great, i don't know... but they are just. so. slow.

question back at you:

seems so many people who say they love Tusk at the same time severely dislike SYW. to me, these two albums have a lot of similarities, and i could never understand how the same person can love Tusk and hate SYW. what are your thoughts on this?