View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What you describe is the next generation of technology. The first was the additional musicians, then technology lost the big arena rock sound, and yes now there are pre-programmed tracks and even pre-recorded vocal tracks.

I drive myself crazy because I love Lindsey and love his solo shows and music. I think Rick and Billy were horrible singers and lack luster guitar playing who played too conservative. Having said that, I think the BTM/Farewell tour of the Mac was one of the best Mac concerts ever. On with the show was incredible just for the fact Christine came back as she swore she would never do. But musically I just loved the sound better in 87/90.
Now what I said should make no sense at all but its how I feel. It makes me feel guilty a bit.
I hate the tracks, but everyone does it now. I do sound for a bunch of new country acts, and 9 out of 10 play with tracks now.

I think the half the reason most performers went to using "in ear monitors" was to hide the fact that they're using tracks. You can't have the tracks blaring out of a monitor in a club....too obvious.

It bugged the sh*t out of me seeing Lindsey solo, playing along with his karaoke machine. Hire a damned drummer and bass player, and get by like that. NO KARAOKE, PLEASE!

For me, Mirage was their peak, live. The peak of their voices, their looks, and their energy. And it was before the Fleetwood Mac Orchestra. And let's be honest....that's really(Tango, and the orchestra) when the old goat began gaining power in the group.

Christine coming back was a dream come true, and looking back now, THAT should have been the end of their story. Not firing Lindsey, hiring Neil and Hobo Joe to take his place.