View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Treason
“Treason”, from the Gift Of Screws album, is a song that was written about the treason that’s often committed between two people in a relationship, and how there are always deeper, often hidden forces at work that will ultimately reveal renewed freedom and faith. Given what’s gone on recently, the song had taken on an enhanced meaning.

Shut Us Down
“Shut Us Down” is a song from Under The Skin that was co-written with Cory Sipper. It’s a piece that’s evolved significantly in live performance from the album version, taking on a whole other level of guitar performance. The song, which touched on acceptance and commitment, with just a hint of fatalism, had become a staple of my live shows.

Go Insane
"Go Insane” is the title track from my second album. This song deals with the challenges of success, and with the difficulties in working and creating alongside an ex lover with whom there’s been no opportunity for closure. The “Go Insane” album was also a step forward in terms of technology, extensively using the Fairlight CMI, an early digital sampling keyboard.

Soul Drifter
“Soul Drifter”, another song from Out Of The Cradle, is different look at transition and evolution. In having moved away from Fleetwood Mac, I’d felt that it was a choice that was out of my hands, a survival move that was necessary in order to move forward. “Soul Drifter” reflects the reality that though the choice was the right one, it was bittersweet.

Don't Look Down
"Don’t Look Down”, the opening track from Out Of The Cradle, is a song that always resonates with me. In 1987 I’d taken leave of Fleetwood Mac because the members’ behavior had become antithetical to clarity and creativity. Out Of The Cradle was the first album I made working without a net, so to speak, and “Don’t Look Down” captures the spirit of that.

Trouble
“Trouble” is the first single from my first solo album, Law And Order. I may not have begun doing solo projects at all, but the members of Fleetwood Mac had adopted a reactionary stance in the wake of Tusk, the wildly experimental follow up to Rumours that was largely my doing. With the band’s politic being prohibitive, solo albums became the only option for exploring the left side of my palette. I never looked back!