View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMagic View Post
For the record, I said that Tusk was a perfect album for the BN lineup. It is NOT the perfect album of all time.

Hey Truefaith77, awesome list. Liked your choices both strange and unexpected. Here's my still developing one though not definitive. It's mostly based on the fact I can listen to them all the time and never tire of them.

1. The Stooges Fun House - Best Rock and Roll album ever for no thrills rockin'
2. The Byrds Notorious Byrd Brothers
3. The Stone Roses Debut album
4. Roxy Music For Your Pleasure/Avalon - (Sorry couldn't give either up)
5. Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy (Along with the songs he left off the album which can be found on Bootleg Series Vol 1-3 and Tell Tale Signs (Box Set)
6. Bruce Springsteen Nebraska (along with outtakes that can be found on Tracks)
7. Motorhead Ace of Spades (Burnt out on title track but rest of album is perfection.
8. The Sundays Blind
9. New Order Substance
10. Marshall Crenshaw Field Day. (If you like power pop like The Raspberries, this 80's album is a masterpiece.)
10+ - Son House - The 1965 Recordings. One of the most underrated and greatest soulful blues singers. Jack White agrees obviously.

If anyone posts a list of their greatest albums that have come out in last 2 years will be happy to oblige with mine.

BTW Tusk isnt the greatest album ever. But for fleetwood Mac yes. Although Then Play On from the Peter Green lineup sort of tops it.
Thanks for the good word. I don't mean to nitpick, but I note that some have included Substance and others Discography on their lists. I consider those compilations, not albums proper. My fav New Order album proper is Brotherhood (1986) (following by, in preferential order: Waiting for the Sirens Call, Technique, Republic, Power Corruption & Lies, Get Ready, Low-Life, Movement). So Substance doesn't count because anything with "True Faith" (see my name) is obviously the greatest thing ever.

Oh, and I take your bait on the best albums of the 2010s! Here's my list so far as I plan my best of the decade list lol:

OLYMPIA, Bryan Ferry
MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY, Kanye West
IT'S A BEAUTIFUL LIFE, Freebass
MICHAEL, Michael Jackson
BOYS OUTSIDE, Steve Mason

ECHOES, Will Young
WATCH THE THRONE, Kanye West & Jay-Z (aka The Throne)
VOYAGE, The Sound of Arrows
IN YOUR DREAMS, Stevie Nicks
SEEDS WE SOW, Lindsey Buckingham

WORDS AND MUSIC BY SAINT ETIENNE, Saint Etienne
A JOYFUL NOISE, Gossip

To keep track as my list builds:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/johnde..._of_the_2010s/

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 08-16-2012 at 01:08 PM..