View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
I just don't understand how a mom can do that. I can see where her mom's feelings could be hurt, but then, you have to let a teenager be a teenager. Sam's being a teenager. But she's happy here, and she's doing well here. And she wants to be here. I give her mom credit where credit is due: she was selfless in letting Sam come here and live. And I can see where "empty nest syndrome" has kicked in, but you can't just give your kid the cold shoulder because she's having fun.

Thanks Michelle... sometimes I need to hear that I'm an angel. Or am I a ruthless person who stole another person's daughter?? At this point, I'm not sure. Is this pent up resentment towards me that she's taking out on Sam?? I'm sure there's some there.

well, exactly. it should be whatever should better the child, not the parent. I get that it's her daughter and she should get time with her. time so they can know each other and bond. and i don't really think it's the child's choice on where they should go, but if she's doing well where she is vs there, then i think she should stay.

and of course you are. there are not a lot of people who would do what you are doing. raising someone else's child? that is a very selfless thing, so why would you even think it's a bad thing?