View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Yeah, I don't have the greatest memory myself and I don't even do drugs. I can see how dates can get confused. There are other inaccuracies that are more difficult to explain away. Still, this thread isn't about the Eagles, so I'll resist the urge to go into greater detail.

I do tend to give my faves the benefit of the doubt. Even now, though I don't know him and have no proof to back it up, I still believe Lindsey's a good guy. I believe this in spite of the fact that I also believe he occasionally went ballistic and grabbed people in chokeholds when enraged. Why? Because I adore his music and I think he's great. That makes no logical sense, but there it is!

BTW Sue - "Starshine" is one of my favorite demos so your username always makes me smile!
Hi is your name Nancy. Thanks about 'Starshine' its always one of my favorite demos/outtakes from BD one that I wish was offically released (amoung many many others like Blue Water) I could go on & on about this subject too. Thats nice of you to say. Its so hard to pick screen names & well it was one of my favorite UNR songs so I just had to pick it!! What does yours mean? if you don't mind me asking? I also love the buck/nicks web site its great!! Just like I'd loved the sararhiannon web site many moons ago. Its sad how many great web sites aren't the 'offical' ones. Sad but true. Sorry to have taken over the tread about the Eagles. I guess we may love our favorites artists etc but not the person so much. I guess I have just tried to let all of that go--not easy sometimes but none of us is perfect & we all have our faults & addictions so to speak. I don't do drugs either so I don't know what Mac etc have went through. I guess for them it could be a shame because they probably don't remember the good things very well or the bad either. When I first go into Mac in like the late 80's along with Stevie's solo stuff I'd never liked Lindsey much cause of what I heard he'd done to Stevie but than I just let it go cause well I wasn't 'there' & it wasn't my issue's so to speak. I do like most of his solo stuff though my favorite is still OOTC it'll always be my favorite solo cd of his though I do have most of the others too. I always recall what a good friend of mine said. Don't know if it really goes with what were talking about but anyway: You can respect the job of said person but not the man/woman in that job. Does this make any sense? I may not be saying it right either. Anyway, nice to know my name Starshine makes you smile!!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."