View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
The way I look at it - Lindsey may be an affable, friendly guy with a good heart but that doesn't mean he isn't an a-hole with a violent temper at times. (Really, I dont expect him to fly into a fist slinging, neck strangling rage with his fans...) And, just because he has a violent temper doesn't mean he was or is an abuser. I recall he practically destroyed a guitar in recent years, so I don't believe alcohol/drugs are all to blame-probably just made him worse. But, silence from witnesses doesn't necessarily indicate anything stronger than a collective shrug from people who know him best and don't feel there is any claim serious enough to warrant a defense. For the same reason no one got up and bothered to protect anyone who was being "attacked" in any of the incidences described (Ken, CAH, Stevie) - they knew there was no real threat.
I agree with this. Just because you smiled at some fans doesn't mean you aren't abusing family members and co-workers away from the stage. So, I don't see that as proof of anything. Additionally, alcohol, drugs, and epilepsy don't excuse violent behavior either. So, if he went around punching women, there is no condition that would justify that behavior in my mind.

As for whether it happened, I certainly don't see silence or the silence of his friends and co-workers as proof of anything. Maybe they simply think that discussing it will only give the allegations more publicity. So far, we haven't seen any of them asked about it in the press. And believe me, if they were asked and refused to respond, I think that would rate a mention in the news articles too. So far, it hasn't happened. I don't think anyone cares except us. The Sheryl Crow thing made a big splash in the mainstream press. This other stuff does not.

So, the idea that they would proactively speak out against CAH or Ken seems absurd to me. It's not as if those books made the NY Times Bestseller list. They're well known to a devoted community of FM fans, but not to the masses.

Michele