View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I think the last time was the Mirage tour.
The tours since 97 have been disappointing for me -- too rehearsed for my taste.
I didn't mind having an extra percussionist or Stevie's "girls", but having HIRED HAND guitarists & keyboards to fill out the sound was bs. At least, in '87 & '90, they HAD 2 guitarists. Even prior to that, Lindsey's tech, Ray Lindsey, would play 2nd guitar parts during certain songs (mainly "Gypsy" & "Go Your Own Way") which was ok. Even in '97 having Neale Heywood was alright, since he was brought in because he'd worked with Lindsey in the studio on a few tracks from the original GOS sessions, as well as his OotC touring band. But where I draw the line is with having a "double" for EACH instrument (except for John....he's a MONSTER!). Brett backing Christine, having both Carlos Rios (excuse me I think I threw up a little in my mouth) AND Neale was overkill.

However, the "guitar army" sound on "Eyes Of The World" during the SYW tour was pretty spine-tingling...but other than that one song, the redundancy was majorly annoying.