View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default World In Harmony - two different versions from 2/70 Boston Tea Party shows

I'd noticed this some time ago but forgotten until recently......the live recording of "World In Harmony" on the remastered 2/70 Tea Party recordings (from Volume 2) is not the same as the one that appeared on the original vinyl LP of Tea Party recordings that appeared in the mid-'80s and which subsequently appeared on numerous CD compilations of those recordings.

I've included the front and back of one of those CDs for reference (plus the front of the remastered disc). The version of "World In Harmony" on the earlier release is similar to the one on Volume 2 of the remastered discs from Snapper, but it is distinctly different, especially Peter Green's playing on the bridge. Not sure why the different version was chosen for the remastered CDs - I like the other one a lot!

Another difference between the originally-released music and the remastered 3-volume Snapper release: several minutes of "The Green Manalishi" have been edited on the Snapper release of the Tea Party sets - the full version can still be found on several of those earlier releases.

Are there other changes that anyone has noticed between those earlier releases from the Tea Party shows and the remastered Snapper releases?