View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP

It’s too bad that “Say Goodbye” doesn’t sound good right at the stage. Something is way too loud and makes a vibrating noise that distorts the sound. Red Rover was great.
I've noticed this problem, too, during both Say Goodbye and Red Rover. It's a little harsh throughout all of the acoustic-based songs, but those two are the worst. At first I was horrified because those are two songs I especially want to enjoy...but I plugged my ear nearest the speakers and the sound got much better. The sound upfront definitely is not as good as being, say, 5-10 rows back, but I figured I'd already gotten to hear what they ideally sound like last year.

Quote:
I can’t remember what song it was…Tusk or maybe GYOW, there was this lady in the front row who was holding up her cell phone. I think maybe she was recording something or someone was listening. Lindsey saw it and was like “what are you doing?” All of a sudden he comes over and while he is singing, starts shouting in her phone, “Hello!” “Hello” about five times.
That is hysterical!

Quote:
So during the GYOW solo”, I think, I had this sign that said “And the people, they love her!” for Stevie. So as they were leaving the stage after GYOW, as she walked by she looked right at us and smiled and waved. It was so cool! She read my sign
Congrats, Ali! That is awesome! Good sign, too! I had made her one that says "Not make believe then (with an old photo), Not make believe now (with a recent pic)", but I was never able to show it to her due to my run-in with security . Oh, well. I'll hang it on my wall until next time...

Quote:
Once again, I was psycho girl and kept looking at Lindsey and smiling. He kept looking at me and making faces. Finally, he lifted up his hands and shrugged his shoulders and said “What?” LOL! So I stood on my tippy toes so he could see and once again sign languaged “I Love You” to him and also mouthed it so he could understand. He did and smiled. He blew a kiss at me and then he sign languaged and mouthed back to me “I love you too!” OMG!! I died. Dennise had asked him for his towel while he was over there and he was like “oh you want this? Ok.” But, then when he started creeping out to play with Mick, he threw it at me. I wasn’t even expecting it. I guess, he wanted to reward me for telling him I love him. LOL.
So last year in Omaha, I got a picture of Lindsey kissing me. I brought that picture because I wanted him to sign it. During “Don’t Stop” I held it up with a sharpie and pointed to him in the picture and pointed to me in the picture and was trying to tell him that was me. He was looking at me like “huh?” Lindsay said he almost messed up the lyrics to “Don’t Stop” trying to figure out what I was saying. Whoops. Lindsey came straight over to us. I handed him the picture and he says “What is this?” I said, “It’s a picture of you kissing me! That’s me right there.” He's like "oh, ok!" He had a big smile on his face. He drew a heart and signed it. Yay!!
Congrats, "Psycho Girl"! Sounds like your escapades with Lindsey have come to a head! I'd say that autograph with the heart is well worth LB thinking you're a bit nuts! LOL.

Quote:
I wonder if Stevie has ever been mistaken for Sulamith? Well she has by me. LOL. As Stevie’s limo drove by…she poked her head out and started waving. It was awesome! We all waved and yelled. She really is the coolest.

(Indeed she is. )

Quote:
I got the feeling that Lindsey wants it to be over too. I bet they are all ready for a break.
Boy...they must be, those road hogs! They have brought us a helluva lot of joy over the last 14 months, and for that we thank them.

Quote:
I had a four hour drive home. The moon was outside my window. It was shaped exactly like the moon Stevie wears. I like to think it was meant to be that way!
This is killing me. I honestly feel a little choked up. What a wonderful end to your Say You Will Tour experineces. Thanks for sharing them...see you next time!