View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I've never heard of Billie Eilish in my life lol so I wouldn't say that. But based off a quick Google search, she's 17 first of all. Also lol at the idea of downplaying Stevie's talent. Stevie's batty but she doesn't lack talent. You don't need to be a professional musician to be talented. She wrote songs like nobody's business.
exactly! more accurately, just turned 17 and had her first hits and a huge buzz at 16.

what exactly was Stevie Nicks doing at 16? not even joining Lindsey yet to sign at HS event? so why call Billie hugely talented, way more than Stevie, laughable?

Stevie who was a commercial star of her era, was not exactly "cool" at the time - the way she became to be viewed now. Billie started as and is already "cool" now with teenagers. she's not your built up commercial pop star of the day. of course question is what will be next for her, after becoming so huge while still so young.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"